Monday 25 January 2010

Photo Update

My audience said that they preferred this picture for the front cover;


However when I tried to use this picture with my drafted background the masthead and the exclusive bubble covered band member Leah's head and face. As shown below;


Their second favourite picture was this one;


that I now have to use on the front cover design.

Also I showed my audience the full preview of what my front cover my look like and whether they thought it reflected the indie genre.

They said that the colours were too bright for the indie genre and thought that the picture would look better in black and white. This matched the white main sell and coverline along with the black masthead. They also said that as Indie music connotes a more metallic look that the purple could be replaced with either a gold or sliver and maybe with dark colours for the font i.e. black and white.
They also said that the font may be more of a girly type font and should be more plain to reflect Indie genres idea of focusing on the music. Similarly they also said that they would prefer a normal circle for the win! bubble instead as it seemed almost childish and took attention away from the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment